From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] libungif and giflib conflict.
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:02:36
1 > Nick Currier <docfreezzzz@×××××.com> writes:
2 > > I have to run libungif as all my media is built around mplayer and it simply
3 > > won't run on the giflib libraries.
4
5 On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 11:52:03PM -0600, Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote:
6 > My mplayer is linked with giflib and AFAIK it works as it should. I
7 > suspect you need to run revdep-rebuild.
8 > Otherwise I would try installing libungif in /usr/local, the
9 > old-fashioned way, and put an entry in package.provided or something
10 > like that.
11
12 I had cross dependecies between mplayer and another app.
13
14 One required giflib the other libungif.
15
16 After getting tired of emerging back and forth I did
17
18 (unmerged the other lib)
19
20 emerge giflib