From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 03:03:00
Wednesday 08 December 2010

> > One thing that I think some folks (me included) do that differs from > > the guide (at least the last time I read it) is to use grub-static > > instead of grub. I suspect that's because it's 32-bit and more > > compatible. > > > > Other than that I can't think of anything I do differently. > > > > Best of luck with the new install. I'm sure it will go great. > > > > Cheers, > > Mark > > > > > > Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I made a note of it. I certainly > don't want that to mess up. lol > > Dale > > :-) :-) >
In addition to using grub-static, you will need to have the IA32 Emulation enabled in your kernel, else you won't be able to execute grub at all. It's under file formats / Emulations in the menu. -- Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR http://www.sblan.net/tashi