From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [solved] 2004.3 to 2005.0 i386_64-headers
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:19:13
1 On 12/28/05, Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I would fix your basic system, whatever causes you to say:
4 >
5 > As usual, portage can't find the ebuilds required and I've been
6 > downloading them manually.
7 >
8 > If portage can't download packages then you have a real problem. Others
9 > have suggested you run an emerge sync. After that, try the --fetchonly
10 > option for a simple package and get your downloads to work.
11 >
12 Thanks, and thanks to John Myers.
13
14 emerge sync
15 was the solution.
16 It turns out I had not sync'd since the initial instal of 2004.3 many months
17 ago. It took about 2 hours over ADSL.
18
19 >I migrated from 2004.3 a few months ago using the automated upgrade and I
20 had no problems that I remember.
21
22 gentoo headers installed fine after the sync, however the upgrade crashed
23 later on.
24 I'll post it to gentoo-users if googling doesn't help.
25 Sorry for spamming this list with a portage incompetence issue.