From: gentoo.taijin@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] help weird internet problem
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:43:14
1 Im having some very weird internet problems. I posted in the forums earlier
2 today but still no luck. About 90% of the the urls that I type into firefox
3 and konqueror take me to a page that says the requested url was not found on
4 this server. for example when I type in google.com I get this
5 http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/5751/screenshot18wl.png but when I type
6 in www.google.com it works fine some other urls that work are www.yahoo.comand
7 www.aol.com. some sites have weird images like www.afterdawn.com
8 http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/6292/screenshot2ni.png It get's even more
9 weird. I can access all websites through lynx, with no problems and all the
10 other computers at my house work fine. I have tried changing nameservers
11 ethernet cards recompiling firefox, putting myself on virtual DMZ. I am at
12 my wits end. I would like to avoid reinstalling gentoo if at all possible,
13 because I just reinstalled a month ago and things were working fine till two
14 days ago.
17 I lost an hour, has anyone found it? I want it back!!!