From: Pascal BERTIN <pascal.bertin@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] tmpfs help
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:02:47
1 Beso a écrit :
2 > You can give a size for tmpfs in the option
3 > here is an extract from my /etc/fstab :
6 > tmp /tmp tmpfs size=1000000000 0 0
9 > i'll try that. setting it to about 3/4 of swap is good?! i have 8gb swap
10 > and 1 gb ram but ram is always full. after setting tmpfs the ram is full
11 > but also the swap fills-up quite well.
12 >
13 > --
14 > dott. ing. beso
15
16 On one of my system, with 1G of RAM and 6 GB of swap,
17 I set it to 6GB (so that I can compile openoffice).
18 Although It's slow (anyway I start openoffice compilation at the end of a day and check on
19 the next morning), it works well, and openoofice compiles.
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list