From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] X keyboard problem on my amd64 box
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:39:24
1 2007/6/29, Lukas Oliva <xoliva02@×××××××××××××××.cz>:
4 > You are righ, the problem is that I am not sure when did this happenedand
5 > as I update quite often, I am not able to find it out.
8 me too i'm updating every day.... i sync once a day and update when there
9 are 2-3 packages to do, or when i get a major update (gcc, libtool, kernel,
10 atidrivers, xorg, kde) of what i use every day....
14 > Well, that one is setxkbmap, no? If so than I have it.
15 > I *am* able to switch keyboard using this in terminal, but it is not the
16 > way I would like to do.
20 so, the problem is the misconfiguration of some package.... this may be due
21 to some etc-update and by chosing the -3 option there.... your configuration
22 was overwritten when you've updated the package.... try this guide to see if
23 it fits your needs:
24 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Speak_Your_Language
25 if that doesn't work, make a script in /usr/local/bin/ and recall it by
26 using it as a keyboard shortcut.... i've done this with a script that
27 enables/disables wireless on my notebook....
30 > Ok, I can not tell. Just for me gnome seems to be simple and elegant
31 > comparing to KDE eyecandy.
34 the problem with gnome is mono and evolution, which are growing more and
35 more integrated into it.... besides, for my taste kde is 1000000000 time
36 more good looking, with tons of qt styles around to fit your best taste, and
37 with the best app around: k3b compared to nautilus is something far away of
38 ages, amarok destroys every other musical software around, the new opensuse
39 kmenu ported to gentoo by sabayon is something that is far beyond the gnome
40 or kde start menu, krusader is the best file manager around, konqueror is
41 the best low resource browser and comes with firefox plugins full
42 integration, the kdevelop is the best suite around, kaffeine is a media
43 player that destroys its concurents, except mplayer.... the other feature
44 that makes me very proud of kde is the copy/move option on the right mouse
45 button.... it is quite a thing for usability.... i don't know if gnome has
46 something similar.... the only gnome app that i've been using is pan which
47 is the best newsreader around, and the compiz, cause it has its gnome/mono
48 bindings.... for all the aspects kde has jumped far far away of gnome and
49 now leads into linux desktops.... the novell-microzoz partnership will move
50 more and more people from gnome-evo-mono to kde.... this is my opinion....
51 the only problem around kde is the resources that it takes, which are a
52 little more that gnome's or of the other windows managers....
55 > Yes, you are right. I switched it and do some recompilation. Nevertheless
56 > this does not seem to solve my problem as none of the recompiled packages
57 > has todo with gnome/X.
60 as i said, try to find the configuration problem.... it is that one that
61 makes you mad....
62
63 > Lukas
64 > >>