From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gcc-3.4.4
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:03:33
On 1/10/06, Andrea Chiavelli <andrea-chiavelli@×××××××.it> wrote:
> I've recently installed gentoo for amd64 2005.1-r1. After the first > emerge sync and emerge -u portage I had this bad surprise: after > upgrading gcc from 3.4.3 (I thing this was the previous version > installed)
Actually, it was gcc 3.3.x, which provided libstdc++.so.5. The new gcc uses a different C++ ABI, and uses libstdc++.so.6, so you should have rebuilt all C++ appliations, including python, before removing the old gcc. As a temporary fix, you can copy libstdc++.so.5 from the live CD to /usr/lib. That should allow python to start working again. Then you can run "revdep-rebuild --library libstdc++.so.5" to rebuild everything that is linked against the old library. -Richard -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list