From: Mark Creamer <mcreamer@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] no sound
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:56:30
1 I have one other issue with my newly built system - I don't have sound
2 yet. The card is a SB Live EMU10K1. I have it enable in the kernel.
3 First I enabled it only in ALSA. Then when that didn't work, I also
4 enabled it in OSS. But I don't know what I'm doing there. Should I be
5 doing both?
6
7 Anyway, from Control Center, when I click on sound & multimedia/sound
8 system, I get the message "Unable to start the sound server to retrieve
9 possible sound I/O methods."
10
11 The sound card is not set to load as module, I have it compiled into the
12 kernel.
13
14 Thanks!
15 Mark