From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:53:49
On 3/9/06, Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
> > You need to run a configure script. I don't know exactly where player stores > > it, but the ebuild should contain/output the information. > > They indicate it in the ebuild at the end when the install is done > /opt/vmware/bin/vmware-config.pl > > Note that vmware-player and vmware-workstation are mutually exclusive
Thanks. It seems to me that VMware PLayer cannot do what I hoped to do. I want to run Streetsmart Pro on my Gentoo machine, if possible. However there isn't going to be a prebuilt copy of SSP ready to run in the player. It appears that to even try it I'd have to run the workstation. Thanks to all for your help. It's an interesting topic to me. Cheers, Mark -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list