From: Hamish Marson <hamish@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Myth 0.19 & XOrg-7.0
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:01:57
1 Has anyone out there got myth 0.19 working OK with xorg-x11 7.0? Mine
2 was working fine with xorg 6.8.2r6 but then I updated at last to xorg
3 7.0 and myth has gotten the pip...
4
5 Basically the screen updates so slow it's like a slideshow. A very slow
6 sideshow.
7
8 The graphics card in use is a Saphire radeon 9600 256MB job (rv350).
9
10 It's not a CPU issue. CPU utilisation by myth & X are very low (Single
11 digit %'s if that).
12
13 It's not a purely X issue. mplayer & xine both display fine. With lower
14 CPU than I've ever seen before (Presumably due to the includion of the
15 r300 code in 7.0).
16
17 One thing I do nothice is that myth (When run from command line)
18 complains that the X Server no longer supports xvmc... But it does...
19 And others can use it. But even without xvmc, it shouldn't be one frame
20 every 10 seconds... And it'd chew up CPU. Which this isn't.
23 TIA
24 Hamish
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list