From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [OT] Filesharing client
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 00:40:59
1 On Wednesday 27 September 2006 10:11, "Mark Haney"
2 <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] [OT] Filesharing
3 client':
4 > Relatively stupid question, but since I can no longer compile
5 > gtk-gnutella on my box here (and I haven't had time to look at the
6 > problem just yet), is there another good P2P client that runs on amd64?
7 > I'd like to have access to fasttrack and gnutella networks if possible.
8 > I am not much for spending a ton of time configuring, but I will if i
9 > need to.
10
11 Apollon is a multi-network (including FT and gnutella) P2P application for
12 KDE, based on giFT, IIRC, that works, although it does take a bit of
13 configuration. Well, you are really configuring giFT, but it still has to
14 be done before you are sharing.
15
16 If you prefer GTK+ (over QT/KDE), giFT has two fortends in portage:
17 giftoxic and giftui.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh