From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice-bin-2.0.2 hang for regular users
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:18:49
1 On Thursday 23 March 2006 14:07, Scott Stoddard wrote:
2
3 > I don't know if this has been resolved yet, but I was having a similar
4 > (read: exactly the same) problem. Are you using nfs-mounted home
5 > directories by any chance?
6 >
7 > In my case we're using a diskless gentoo system where the home
8 > directories are all nfs mounts to the server. The problem had to do
9 > with nfs file locking. It can be solved by editing
10 > /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice and commenting out these two lines:
11 >
12 > SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
13 > export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
14 >
15 > Note that setting it =0 was not enough for me, I had to comment them out.
16 >
17 > Everything worked fine after that.
18
19 Of course the correct solution is to enable nfs locking.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze
25 Gentoo Developer