From: Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] linux32 or chroot
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:46:20
1 > Some programs mistakenly try and link to the 64-bit libs first, even if
2 > the 32-bit libs are available. I've had to create nasty LD_LIBRARY_PATH
3 > statements, and mess around with the order in ld.so.conf to get things
4 > to semi work.
5 It would be good to identify those and get them fixed upstream...
6 I think openssl does this: it detects the arch using some /proc or uname
7 trick, which breaks when running in UML - I end up using a chroot to
8 upgrade those virtual machines. grrr.
9
10 Antoine
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list