From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] server setting up funny interfaces
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:25:03
1 I've got a server doing something weird with it's network interfaces.
2 It's got one NIC in it, and from the live CD it sees that NIC as ETH0.
3
4 However, no matter what I do on boot from the HDD, it sees that
5 interface as ETH1. Even though it was originally setup as ETH0. And
6 now, on a reboot, none of the networking services starts up because the
7 system thinks eth0 does not exist.
8
9 I can start eth1, but then ssh and all the other services (SSH and BIND
10 mostly) refuse to start because they are looking for eth0.
11
12 Any ideas on how to fix this?
16 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
17 quadraturae circuli
18
19 Mark Haney
20 Sr. Systems Administrator
21 ERC Broadband
22 (828) 350-2415
23
24 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support