From: Eric Augustus <shrike@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Bad performance on doom3 with alsa and oss
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 04:49:47
On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:34:32AM +0100, Etienne Imguimbert wrote:
> Dear gentoo amd64 users > > I've installed doom3 via the emerge command, and I have several > problems of performance. I tried several configurations: > > - when I switch to alsa in doom3, I get very noisy sounds (I get > several messages of rejected packets by alsa in the shell) >
You could try changing to the alsa PCM setting, "seta s_alsa_pcm" to "surround51" or anything else besides "default" in your DoomConfig.cfg. I had issues with the default setting on my setup and switched. Now I get pretty decent sound.
The demo is not supposed to have sound. -- Eric Augustus shrike@×××××××××.com ----------------- For the sake of argument I'll ignore all your fighting words. -- Larry Wall in <199710221710.KAA24242@××××.org> -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list