From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: URGENT: No more fonts after xorg changes
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:19:05
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > I got my fonts back by now, even with the beta driver from portage. There are
4 > two main problems now:
5 >
6 > 1: i cant go back to stable nvidia-drivers, because of the font problem
7 > 2: when using the beta driver, changing the resolution when running, lets say,
8 > a game in fullscreen mode with another resolution than the standard crashes
9 > X.
10 >
11 > cu
12 > Dieter
13
14 Using a minute to search on google can really help solve problems.
15 1. Stable nvidia is not compatible with xorg 7.1. This has been discussed
16 at length both here and on nvnews.net
17 2. nvidia 9629 has a horrible _known_ bug that causes the crash.
18
19 You can easily mask it using:
20
21 echo =x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.9629 >> /etc/portage/package.mask
22
23 Then emerge the unstable (~amd64) driver in portage. It should be 8776,
24 which works.
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list