From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1.2 issues - updated
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:52:48
1 2008/11/4 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Well, I've got kdebase installed (and I must say the new sets are
3 > awesome. I love it.) but I'm stumped on a problem.
4 >
5 > Instead of the KDE4.1 greeter, I'm getting the generic X Windows greeter
6 > login screen. I've checked /etc/conf.d/xdm and it says
7 > 'DISPLAYMANAGER=kde-4.1', and I've changed /etc/rc.conf to be kde-4.1,
8 > but still I get the X login.
9 >
10 > What am I missing?
13 > One other thing, when I logged back in to KDE4, I lost all my desktop
14 > settings. Is this supposed to happen? I've set /etc/make.conf for
15 > 'kdeprefix' so I thought I would keep most of my desktop customizations.
16 > They weren't real complex changes, just setting up a quick link on the task
17 > bar for Konsole and such.
18 >
19 usually that stuff isn't necessary. the kdebase-startkde package
20 installs the right scripts. so that you don't need kde-4.1 as
21 displaymanager. try using just kdm or kde instead of kde-4.1. also
22 having a look inside the qlist kdebase-startkde files might be of help
23 on how to set right the displaymanager.
26 dott. ing. beso