From: Rafael Barrera Oro <rafael@××××××××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kde problem
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:15:39
1 Dario Cavallaro wrote:
2
3 > 2006/8/10, Rafael Barrera Oro <rafael@××××××××××××××××.ar>:
4 >
5 >> If i start KDE using xdm (adding it to default run level) i cant login
6 >> with any user (not even root), but if i use startx as user or as root
7 >> from a console there is no problem. I am baffled and dont know how to
8 >> work around it so i seek your help.
9 >>
10 > I don't understand if the error is a password error or kdm
11 > configuration one's. Try to start X and see in the control center if
12 > login from kdm is blocked or the like. If it is an autentication error
13 > and you have upgraded pam (or his libraries) recently, then you should
14 > recompile kdm in order to exclude some possible errors.
15 >
16 Sorry guys, i just realized that i confused kdm with xdm so pay no
17 attention to the mail in which i wine about xdm being masked
18
19 thanks
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list