From: Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems With Latest Xorg-server-1.7.1
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:47:10
1 > On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:31:46 -0400
2 > Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > The zoom key issue, however, is a different matter. At first
6 > > I thought that using xrandr to change screen resolutions would
7 > > be an adequate substitute. Xrandr does work, but the resulting
8 > > screen layout is much different...
11 > I found a better substitute than xandr for this problem: xvidtune.
12 >
13 > Xvidtune allows stepping through the various modes without destroying
14 > the virtual desktop.
15 >
16 > Using xvidtune is not as quick and easy as the zoom keys but at least
17 > the zoom functionality is restored. Until this problem is resolved
18 > by Xorg I will have what I need.
19 >
20 > Frank Peters&#1101;
21
22 xvidtune, old friend ! Remember using it in 1998, while computing scan modes
23 for my first monitor on Linux system :)
28 Dmitri Pogosyan Department of Physics
29 Professor University of Alberta
30 tel 1-780-492-2150 11322 - 89 Avenue
31 fax 1-780-492-0714 Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G7, CANADA