From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:03:42
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Alex Alexander
<alex.alexander@×××××.com> wrote:
> > for a system drive maybe, but I wouldn't trust my data on it yet. let it > mature a bit first :) >
For something like Gentoo that uses rolling releases, a system drive might be one of btrfs's better use cases anyway. All those instant snapshots can be very handy when managing upgrades/etc. I'm not sure I'd even go so far as to use it for that purpose yet, however, unless I didn't mind occasional downtime and had the ability to rapidly rebuild the server. If you view all those snapsnots as a great way to manage all the extra backups you'll be doing, then maybe it might work out. Rich