From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:03:42
1 On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Alex Alexander
2 <alex.alexander@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > for a system drive maybe, but I wouldn't trust my data on it yet. let it
5 > mature a bit first :)
8 For something like Gentoo that uses rolling releases, a system drive
9 might be one of btrfs's better use cases anyway. All those instant
10 snapshots can be very handy when managing upgrades/etc. I'm not sure
11 I'd even go so far as to use it for that purpose yet, however, unless
12 I didn't mind occasional downtime and had the ability to rapidly
13 rebuild the server. If you view all those snapsnots as a great way to
14 manage all the extra backups you'll be doing, then maybe it might work
15 out.
16
17 Rich