From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.2.4 and kdeprefix
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:19:36
1 On Dienstag 23 Juni 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 06/23/2009 09:40 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > a simple grep for it in /usr/portage/porfiles
4 > > would have told you that
5 >
6 > Btw, I don't see anything "simple" about it. I've no idea what
7 > /usr/portage/porfiles is, or why it doesn't even exist here. You could
8 > as well have asked to a "simple" grep on
9 > /usr/share/fortune/kernelcookies to find out why suspend to RAM doesn't
10 > work with my USB coffee cup.
13 it is /usr/portage/profiles
14
15 really, can't you even spot a typo?
16
17 profiles - I am sure it is mentioned several times in the installation guide
18 and other documentation - holds the profiles, as the name says. You know? The
19 system set, default flags and other important stuff. Also package.mask and
20 use.mask. Together with comments why something is masked.