From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] printing has stopped
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:00:05
1 On Dec 7, 2007 9:09 AM, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Further to my reply, I have just found out that the
3 > file /usr/lib64/cups/cgi-bin/printers.cgi doesn't exist. I don't even
4 > have a directory "cups" in /usr/lib64.
5 > This is strange, printing worked until recently.
6 > any help please
7 >
8 > Paul
11 Paul,
12 Not sure that's the problem. cups is working for me and I don't
13 have that stuff:
14
15 lightning ~ # ls -al /usr/lib64/cups/cgi-bin/*
16 ls: cannot access /usr/lib64/cups/cgi-bin/*: No such file or directory
17 lightning ~ #
18
19 As I said, I had trouble with a cups update recently. I believe I
20 did an emerge -C / emerge and reinstalled the printers. I've also done
21 a Gnome update recently so it might have been part of that whole
22 process. Sorry I don't have a better memory.
23
24 I don't think you said what version you have emerged so here's my info:
25
26 lightning ~ # emerge -pv cups
27
28 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
29
30 Calculating dependencies... done!
31 [ebuild R ] net-print/cups-1.3.4-r3 USE="X dbus java jpeg ldap
32 nls pam perl png ppds python samba ssl -acl -avahi -kerberos -php -slp
33 -static -tiff -zeroconf" LINGUAS="en -de -es -et -fr -he -it -ja -pl
34 -sv -zh_TW" 0 kB
35
36 Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
37 lightning ~ #
38
39 Hope this helps. Come back with some more info and questions if a
40 reinstall doesn't fix it.
41
42 Cheers,
43 Mark