From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] tcptraceroute have buffer overflow in ipv6
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 03:53:39
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:35:43 Benny Pedersen wrote:
> tcptraceroute ipv6.google.com 80 > > shows me a nice buffer overflow, i like to camture it into a log file but > lost on how :/ > > tryed: > tcptraceroute ipv6.google.com 80 | less > > and press s from less to save it, still no file content to save :(
The usual method is the '>' redirect operator, like this: tcptraceroute ipv6.google.com 80 > /path/to/log/file If the error message is going to STDERR (as it should be), you will need to redirect that instead: tcptraceroute ipv6.google.com 80 2> /path/to/log/file To capture both, redirect STDOUT first, then set STDERR to match: tcptraceroute ipv6.google.com 80 > /path/to/log/file 2>&1 -- Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro