From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Completely remove BIND
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 19:14:06
1 On Dienstag 02 Dezember 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've done something really stupid and FUBAR'd my BIND install on what
3 > will be my new slave DNS server. The problem is that no matter what I
4 > do, when I try to start BIND the system claims 'named is already started'.
5 >
6 > What I want to do now is start over, tabula rasa, and rebuild BIND. I've
7 > tried emerge -C bind bind-tools but when I emerge it back, I still get
8 > the same problem.
9 >
10 > So, any decent, non-system-destructive ways to wipe BIND off the system.
11
12 that is probably just a remnant of the init script. try /etc/init.d/named zap
13 if that file still exists