From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:23:57
1 On Saturday 11 March 2006 17.58, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Thanks Thierry,
3 > I'm looking at what to download right now. Did you use the 2.0
4 > release or the 2.1RC?
5 >
6 > If it works I'll be doing a Win XP install within a chroot already
7 > on the machine. We'll see...
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Mark
11
12 The trial download proposed 2.1 Beta 2 and that's what I used. If you
13 purchase, you get a 2.0 key (that does not work on 2.1!) but you should get
14 the good key soon when they release 2.1
15
16 So I'd test 2.1, as it seems stable - I've got OS72 working with nfs in very
17 little time.
18 The only thing I could not get to work is the (real) cd rom. Parallels say
19 someting about needing rights on the cdrom (chmod a+r) but it does not seem
20 to work, anything I try I can only mount an iso file.
21
22 However, given nfs access, it's not a problem, even more as os/2 is installed
23 mostly because I have a lot of old files requiring os/2 programs and because
24 I was ready to spend $50 to get old feelings back :)
25
26 On gentoo I can use vmware on the rare cases where I have to fire up Windows.
27
28 Thierry
32 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
33 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
34 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
35 Frank Zappa
36 --
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list