From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 2.6.16 and ndiswrapper
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:56:49
1 Michael Rock wrote:
2 > You can't even set your essid, right?
3 > With ndiswrapper you're at the mercy of your vendor's
4 > drivers. Unless you've got GOOD 64-bit drivers it's
5 > not going to play.
6 >
7 It's played great so far with the 64-bit broadcom drivers. It's just
8 with 2.6.16 that it's dying on. Is there something in .16 that's
9 causing the problem?
10
11 > I just went through this. Not being a skilled hacker,
12 > I did the troubleshooting thing, swapping out Live CD's
13 > and wireless cards - the winning combination was an
14 > atheros-based Belkin card and the rr64 DVD (gentoo-
15 > based of course!).
16 > And I think the reasons were:
17 > 1) An OLDER version of madwifi (pre-1.2)
18 > 2) No acpi support.
19 > And 'hi" to the list from the new guy!