From: Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: SOLVED: gcc 4.1 upgrade - bad desktop interactivity anyone?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:59:20
1 CONFIG_MTRR = YES
2 CONFIG_AGP = NO ?? I have PCI-E
3 CONFIG_AGP_AMD64 ??
4 CONFIG_AGP_INTEL NO ??
5 CONFIG_DRM NO
8 > iii) mesa version;
9
10 > iv) have you emerged x11-drm?
11 > v) your "Device" section in xorg.conf;
12 > vi) whatever info you think could help me ;-)
13 >
14 > Thanks
15 > Sergio
18 >> I do NOT do ANY Linux-based 3D stuff today. My workload is Mainly
19 >> music applications - Ardour, etc., which do not care about 3D, web
20 >> browsing, MythTV and Xine to watch movies. Do I / should I care
21 >> about DRI?
22 >>
23 >> I do occasionally play Windows games under Cedega. Would DRI ever
24 >> help that sort of application?
25 >>
26 >> Anyway, things seem to be in pretty good shape. Maybe I should just
27 >> leave good enough alone. ;-)
28 >>
29 >> Cheers,
30 >> Mark
31 >>
32 >> P.S. - I'm still curious about trying your compiler flags but now
33 >> there is no pressing timeframe to do it in on this machine. - MWK

DRM.txt text/plain
make.conf text/plain
xorg.conf text/plain