From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't mount cdrom?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:44:22
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Martin" <pjmartin@×××××.ca>
To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:52 AM

sorry my typo: eject /dev/hdc eject /dev/hdd with drawer closed first :-) if you still get bash "eject not found" error post "At the prompt I typed 'eject hdc', the result -bash: eject: command not found." to the list and see if you catch a bash jock.
> at the prompt I typed 'eject hdc', the result > -bash: eject: command not found > > mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom !!Works!! you must be getting close.
are you able to see files on cd? if so some invisible typo is hosing fstab, looking around i have seen people claiming the error message was cleared by using auto instead of iso9660 and users instead of user try: dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto auto,users 0 0 in fstab using spaces not tabs to separate the elements with no spaces in an element