From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:09:35
On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 18:37 +1000, Lie Ryan wrote:
> > Text based torrent clients are great for running on headless > > machines > > in tmux or screen. Fire it up, mount the watch directory with > whatever > > method you prefer, drop your .torrent files in there.. Pretty simple > > imo. So I guess I have an irrational bias towards text based torrent > > clients ;) > > > > Many popular torrent clients, uTorrent and Transmission for example, > can run > a webserver so you can control your download remotely with a web > browser, > see http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/control-torrent-client-mobile-phone/. > Azureus/Vuze has plugins that allow the same thing.
I guess I'm old school.. And lazy :P Already have the browser open on the page with the torrent, right mouse button, save as, drop it in the directory, done.. I'm glad there's choices for all of this ;) That said, I do use evolution for email.. After years of beating on salesdroids that I wanted no HTML emails, and too many sending HTML only, I caved... -- Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>