From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:48:59
1 On Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Well, I decided to take the plunge and install KDE4 based on the
3 > directions at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde4.xml.
4 >
5 > The installation went well (with a re-install of qt4 due to a missing
6 > use flag) and it was on to restarting the system so I could start
7 > mucking with the new interface. And that's where I hit a snag.
8 >
9 > In the URL above, the directions say to change /etc/conf.d/xdm, the
10 > DISPLAYMANAGER variable to kdm-4.0. Every time I tried that, I got just
11 > xdm instead as a login screen and then, after log in, got my same KDE3.5
12 > desktop. There are no other directions on this page, so now I don't
13 > know where to go from here.
14 >
15 > What now?
18 use kdm 3.5 for login. It really does not matter which one you use.
21 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list