From: Curtis Richards <cwrxr@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Why does Earthlink"s virus blocker think this list is infected?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:36:11
1 Hi All,
2
3 Is anyone else having this problem? After turning off the Earthlink virus blocker and downloading and scanning the messages I can't find any problems. I've scanned the messages in Winblows XP with Zone Alarm AV and AVG and in Gentoo and Slamd64 with Clam AV and not found any problems. Anyone know why the digests would trigger the Earthlink virus Blocker?
4
5 Thanks
6 Curt
11 **************************************
12 EARTHLINK VIRUS BLOCKER MESSAGE STATUS
13 **************************************
14
15 MESSAGE QUARANTINED
16
17 Virus Detected: Malformed container violation
18
19 Message Details:
20 From: gentoo-amd64+help@g.o
21 To:
22 Subject: Digest of gentoo-amd64@g.o issue 21 (921-970)
23 Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:01:28 GMT
26 EarthLink Virus Blocker has quarantined a message sent to
27 you because it contains a virus that cannot be removed or
28 disabled.
29
30 Quarantined messages are automatically deleted three days
31 after they are received.
32
33 To learn how to access quarantined messages, visit:
34
35 http://www.earthlink.net/myaccount/help/virusblocker/#quarantine
39 Powered by Symantec
46 Curtis W Richards
50 "The natural progress of things is for liberty
51 to yield and government to gain ground."
52 --Thomas Jefferson
58 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list