From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge sandbox is using the wrong host id
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:42:44
1 On Tuesday 26 September 2006 12:20, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Other packages that likely won't compile will be glibc and gcc, since
4 > they both have 32-bit aspects as well, and that's what's horked.
5
6 Nope, they both compile just fine. Of those, only sandbox is causing me
7 grief.
8
9 > ... the majority of the packages will be 64-bit, so lack of a
10 > valid 32-bit compiler setting won't affect them at all. Only the
11 > toolchain packages, for the most part, will be affected, so sandbox,
12 > glibc, gcc, and maybe binutils.
13
14 Actually, only sandbox and module-init-tools are failing.
15
16 > if you are lucky, simply setting the 32-bit compiler will put you back in
17 > good form.
18
19 I can't see why selecting a 32-bit compiler should make portage work again.
20 Surely I need a 64-bit compiler for almost the whole system? I haven't
21 changed any multilib flags, so I should still have both, no?
22
23 For the moment I'm continuing with emerge -e world, just skipping the few
24 packages that fail (just the two of them so far) - they still exist, after
25 all, in their earlier state.
26
27 > ... I wonder how much of your earlier problems might have the same
28 > thing? Oh, well, hindsight's always 20/20, as they say. One more thing
29 > to add to our list of things to check...
30 >
31 > --
32 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
33 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
34 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
37 Rgds
38 Peter
39 --
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list