From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Gentoo crashing?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 05:46:31
1 > Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > Ok, I just conquered my gdm issues in a previous thread, and now I'm
3 > finding that gentoo is crashing on me! ...
6 "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@××××××.com> skribis:
7 > I have been having that problem for quite some time now. It was really
8 > bad when I upgraded to 2.6.21. I downgraded back to 2.6.20-r4 and I
9 > haven't had near the problems. I am not sure what it is, but you aren't
10 > the only one with that problem.
11
12 I quit using Gentoo kernels on my AMD64 some while ago, after
13 determining that with Gentoo kernels bad things happened with some
14 kernels, while with vanilla kernels those bad things happened with
15 none of the kernels. I don't know if my situation is related to this
16 latest.
17
18 I use the Gentoo kernel on x86 (my wife's computer) without any
19 problems.
22 Barry.SCHWARTZ ĉe chemoelectric punkto org http://chemoelectric.org
23 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com
24 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
25 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)
26 --
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list