From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nfs mount has now become read-only
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:46:38
1 On 4/4/06, Jürgen Schinker <ba1020@×××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Tue, April 4, 2006 02:11, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 > why do you mount with such large write buffer ?
5 > wsize=32768
6 >
7 > Jürgen
10 Hi Jurgen,
11 It was suggested some long time ago, possibly on the Gentoo-users
12 list or maybe a Redhat list. The little machine has a fairly slow disk
13 drive and serves as a remote disk for our MythTV tuners. The tuners
14 exist in another machine and they send all TV data across the network
15 to get written to this disk. It seemed that using a large write buffer
16 might be a good idea for ensuring we didn't drop data when recording.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Mark
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list