From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:29:32
Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk> skribis:
> On Thursday 30 March 2006 17:42, Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote: > > I ran my system for a while with the chroot's library directories in the > > ld.so.conf, and without the emul packages, and it worked fine but was > > a little harder to maintain than using emul, so I went back. > Could you detail how you did that, in regards to gccs and multilib profiles?
It was some while ago. I didn’t do anything special with profiles; I ran the regular profile. I vaguely remember having frequent troubles with the gcc-version-specific libraries, due to the differences between gcc 3.3 and gcc 3.4, though maybe that was an unrelated problem. Probably I put the emuls in package.provided. Even now I still have my chroot's bin directories in my 64-bit path. Not everything runs or runs correctly, but enough programs do to make it a useful trick. -- Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe chemoelectric.org. 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)