From: David Ameiss <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware not booting install cd
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:42:57
1 Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > this is vmware-workstation. When I power in it starts. I get the
4 > vmware progress bar. It says 'examining hardware'. Then there is an
5 > error that I cannot see and it all starts again.
6 >
7 > The cd will boot if I try and inst. on my machine as the 1ary os.
8 > Gavin
9 >
10 I've had intermittent problems reading from the "real" cd drive,
11 especially during boot of a virtual machine. I usually rip the CD to an
12 ISO image, then specify the image file using "Use ISO Image" rather than
13 the physical drive.
16 David Ameiss
17 david@×××××××××.com

david.vcf text/x-vcard