From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 4.0.4 upgrade, sort of.
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:48:59
1 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com> skribis:
2 > On Friday 30 May 2008 21:16:06 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > On Freitag, 30. Mai 2008, Duncan wrote:
4 > > > I've not done paludis due to its lack of binary package support. Even
5 > > > tho I'm running only a single computer
6 > >
7 > > there is another reason not to use paludis:
8 > >
9 > > you can't go back.
10 > >
11 > > At least not easily.
12 >
13 > That is a vicious, ridiculous lie (and the rest only gets worse).
14
15 This is way off-topic, I suppose, but regarding the rest, I came
16 across this in the Paludis FAQ:
17
18 But C++ is ...
19
20 No it isn't. Whoever told you that was either trolling or
21 ignorant.
22
23 I suggest that Paludis delete that from the FAQ if the people
24 responsible don't want a reputation as bullies, because this is
25 bullying.
26
27 Worry about the beam in your own eye, that sort of thing.
28
29 There is also the example above of someone being accused of lying
30 simply for stating a contrary opinion.
31
32 Let's all just agree that opinions differ and anyone's opinion may
33 help guide us in operating our individual Gentoos.
34
35 Flame wars are so 1980s. Been there, done that. :)
39 Barry SCHWARTZ / Esperanto: Barijo ŜVARCO
40 chemoelectric ĉe chemoelectric punkto org http://chemoelectric.org
41 Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj: http://crudfactory.com
42 To learn about the Esperanto language: http://lernu.net
43 --