From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:02:38
1 Hello,
2
3 Today my system automatically updated glibc from 2.12-rc2 to 2.12-rc3.
4 Shortly afterwards I tried to start OpenOffice and it would not start.
5 The error message:
6
7 Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-deps.c: 622: _dl_map_object_deps: Assertion `nlist > 1' failed!
8
9 (The same problem is reported here: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6744468.html)
10
11 Apparently this is due to the glibc update. A quick fix (since I need
12 OpenOffice) would be to simply downgrade back to glibc-2.12-r2, but
13 emerge will not allow me to do it:
14
15 * Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system:
16 * Downgrading glibc is not supported and a sure way to destruction
17 * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.13-r2 failed (setup phase):
18 * aborting to save your system
19
20 I'm not going to break my system. How do I override this?
21
22 Note: I am not using the compiled Gentoo version of OpenOffice.
23 My installation is the binary version from the OO web site.
24 Also, LibreOffice, which I installed (from binary) as a possible
25 fix, gives the same error message.
26
27 Frank Peters