From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] Installation on intel 965 chipset motherboard.
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:21:24
1 The system's processor is indeed core due. The problem with the chipset is that the kernel loader does not recognize the dvd drive, whatever I played with the bios setup (AHCI <-> IDE, legacy <-> native modes). If I understood you right I should find a distribution that boots on this machine (probably FC5), download stage3, proceed with the installation, and wait for an official 2.6.18-r? release to get a fully functional system?
2 Can someone predict if the gentoo team would provide an installation CD with 2.6.18 before 2007.0?
3
4 Nadav.
5
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Olivier Crete [mailto:tester@g.o]
8 Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 22:55
9 To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
10 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Installation on intel 965 chipset motherboard.
11