From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Terminal resizes very slowly
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:01:17
1 On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Paul
2 Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Paul
5 >> Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>> Section "Device"
8 >>>>    Identifier  "** ATI Radeon (generic)               [radeon]"
9 >>>>    Driver      "radeon"
10 >>>> EndSection
11 >>>
12 >>> Try adding this line to that section:
13 >>>
14 >>> Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA"
15 >>>
16 >>> Nikos suggested it on this list a while back and it made my XFCE with
17 >>> ATI graphics card perform much faster... a night and day difference.
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>
21 >> OK - that helps a lot when using a solid background on the terminal,
22 >> and helps at least a little when using transparency. Thanks.
23 >>
24 >> Do you see a big difference when using transparency on terminals?
25 >
26 > I don't use transparency, so I have no idea. Sorry.
29 It's not critical, but I sort of like the softer look.
30
31 gnome-terminal resizes fast in XFCE but on my system has some really
32 ugly flashing in it as it does the resize.
33
34 Thanks for the help on the acceleration option. that's a good one and
35 I think you recommended it maybe a month or two ago when I was having
36 trouble with my wife's machine. Didn't help there on that problem but
37 certain helps here.
38
39 Cheers,
40 Mark