From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Systemd Was: Please get me straight about sysvinit vs. systemd [...]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 17:55:31
1 On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > 3) Systemd network config.
3 >
4 > This one took me awhile too. After the above and a few other minor
5 > tweaks to general systemd/journald/logind configuration[2], the big
6 > problem was that I was still networkless.
7
8 I ran into this issue a while ago. I ended up enabling dhcpcd so that
9 it was launched by my target. Since I just wanted dhcp that worked.
10
11 There is probably a better solution, and perhaps more recent versions
12 of systemd addresses this issue (I set it up a good year ago I think).
13
14 More recently I had issues with an NFS share needed by a service and
15 struggling with how to express that dependency (since the unit for the
16 mount is created by a generator). For whatever reason it was also
17 trying to mount the share before running dhcp (even though the share
18 was tagged with _netdev, and obviously nfs will depend on the network
19 in general). I'm sure that is all related to my network issues in
20 general.
21
22 So, overall I'd say it is a bit rough around the edges, but quite
23 capable. I really liked how systemd handles fileshares, at least in
24 principle.
25
26 Rich