From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ntpd configuration question
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:58:25
On Thursday 23 March 2006 02:52, David Fellows wrote:

> Following are the non-comment lines from my /etc/ntp.conf ... My guess is > you are missing the "restrict default ignore" line in yours.
Nope. This is mine: server 194.88.2.88 server 217.115.136.166 server 81.2.102.154 driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift # If you want to deny all machines (including your own) # from accessing the NTP server, uncomment: restrict default ignore I've also tried an explicit command in place of that last line, thus: restrict 192.168.129.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify nopeer notrap but that made no difference. I'm not worried that the world and his wife will come knocking for time service, as I too have a packet filter Net-wards. It just seems untidy to have ntpd listening at a closed door, that's all - and its apparent refusal to obey its own config commands is a surprise. The more I scratch my head, the more it looks as though I should submit a bug report.