From: Martin Polak <mpolak@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB serial port adapter
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:55:48
1 Mark Haney schrieb:
2 > I have a laptop that has no serial ports, but I have a USB to Serial
3 > cable for it. Up til now I've been booting to Windows (yeah I know) to
4 > use it since I couldn't find what port to use in Gentoo. What's the
5 > best way of determining which port it's using?
6
7 Do you have a driver compiled for the convertet into the kernel? Or a module?
8
9 use lsusb -v from usbutils to identify the chipset it uses and turn
10 the one on in your kernel config.
11
12 Normally the created serial ports are called /dev/ttyUSB[0..9]
13
14 Martin
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list