From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 64-bit or 32-bit?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:37:05
Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
> Yes nice. But what does it do ? It compile things ? Just tarball ? > I searched do about it, read man, read help and I still can't find > exactly what it do. I didn't get time to look the code
It takes a x86 stage3 (which you have to download before) and a portage snapshot if you want it to, does all the necessary work to properly set up the 32bit chroot, compiles the packages you told it to, clears up everything, checks links for being correct and then packs everything into a tarball. So you end up with a tarball that looks almost exactly like the ones we use for app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-*. -- Kind Regards, Simon Stelling Gentoo/AMD64 Developer -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list