From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Laptop recommendation? (MOT)
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 05:40:31
1 > I'm looking for a laptop with:
2 >
3 > Minimal Preferred
4 > 1280x800 15" LCD 1280x800 15.4" LCD
5 > Athlon 64 Turion 64 X2
6 > any memory any memory
7 > any harddrive any harddrive
8 > 100 mbit ethernet gigabit ethernet
9 > 802.11g 802.11abg (prefer on a MPCI card)
10 > nvidia based graphics nvidia based graphics
11 > Linux Friendly No M$ tax
12 >
13 > I have a very technical based need for the nvidia adapter.
14
15 You should like at custom built laptops based on the Asus Z92km series.
16
17 The integrated webcam and the integrated SD/MMC/MS readers are not working
18 on Linux but drivers are in development.
19
20 No M$ tax.
21
22 It has all that you prefer, except that the wireless is an MPCI addon
23 (Intel works great for that) and I am unsure about X2 support.
24
25 An issue I found with it is that there is a bug in the ACPI which will
26 prevent Linux (or Windows) from booting up if there is a mouse plugged
27 into the USB ports at boot.
28 --
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list