From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems getting started
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:36:05
1 Peter Martin posted <43A9CFDB.9070604@×××××.ca>, excerpted below, on Wed,
2 21 Dec 2005 16:57:47 -0500:
3
4 > Drake Donahue wrote:
5 >
6 >> sounds like you missed section 4e, Mounting, of the handbook "
7 >> mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo
8 >> mkdir /mnt/gentoo/boot
9 >> mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/gentoo/boot
10 >
11 > Thanks guys:
12 > I was absolutely sure I had done this, and that's why when the df -h
13 > command didn't show me the drives, I thought I needed another command. I
14 > went back, using the up-arrow, and discovered (what we'll call) a typo. So
15 > now things are looking right. I've continued on from section 4e, doing the
16 > stages thingie before doing the portage thingie. 'df -h' now says that
17 > hda3 has 73G (but who is quibbling) and 941M used. Thanks again for the
18 > help, I'm sure I'll be back again with another problem, but I'll be
19 > watching my typing more closely.
20
21 Very good to see someone conqueror one more problem! Yes, those
22 typos/"thinkos" get us all. =8^\ Thanks for the feedback! It's more
23 useful than many imagine, both for "rallying the troops" so to speak, and
24 practically, as where one errors, others too are likely to tread, and it's
25 useful to know what works.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
31 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
35 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list