From: Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: k3b not working [fixed]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:54:56
Previous to this I used Debian for years.  All was ok until one day I
decided there was too much crap on my system from trying different
software.  So I started to reinstall and the mirrors where down and sad
as it seems I cannot go more than a day without my wkstn.  I need it for
personal and work.  So I looked into Gentoo, which appeared
to-good-to-be-true.  So I jumped in quickly before reading any details.
All I wanted was to get it up-and-running.  I can learn the rest as I
go.  I am familiar with apt-get and WRONGLY assumed portage would
function along similar lines.  It is far more advanced and I WILL study
it more.  Sorry for the redundant questions.