From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Soliciting new RAID ideas
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:09:08
1 Marc Joliet posted on Wed, 28 May 2014 21:20:18 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > Am Wed, 28 May 2014 08:26:58 -0700 schrieb Bob Sanders
4 > <rsanders@×××.com>:
5 >
6 >> Marc Joliet, mused, then expounded: [snipped]
7 >
8 >> Thanks Mark! Interesting discussion on btrfs.
9 >>
10 >> [followup] Apologies - that should have been - Thanks Marc!
11 >
12 > You're welcome! I agree, it's an interesting discussion. And regarding
13 > the misspelling of my name: no problem :-) .
14
15 =:^)
16
17 But seriously, thanks Bob for pointing out the misspelling.
18
19 There's a Mark (with a k) that's quite active on the btrfs list (and has
20 in fact done quite a bit of testing on the raid56 stuff, and written most
21 of several related pages on the btrfs wiki), and I guess my brain has so
22 associated him with the btrfs discussion context that without actually
23 thinking about it, I was thinking this was the same "Mark" here.
24
25 So pointing out that it's actually Marc-with-a-c here actually alerted me
26 to the fact that it's not the same person, and very possibly saved a very
27 confused Duncan from making quite a fool of himself in some future post
28 either here or there as a result!
29
30 So thanks VERY MUCH, Bob! =:^)
31
32 (FWIW, my first name is John. But at least in my generation there's so
33 many Johns around, and Duncan as a last name isn't uncommon either, that
34 in fact there are quite a few John Duncans around too, and it's all
35 horribly confusing. I even worked with a Donna at one point, and in a
36 fairly noisy environment all you hear for either is the ON bit, so we
37 were always either both or neither answering to calls for either one of
38 us, since neither could easily hear which one they actually called. So I
39 switched to the mononym "Duncan". That has been MUCH less confusing over
40 the decades I've been using it, now. Anyway, I can definitely identify
41 with first-name confusion. =:^)
46 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman