From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] initio seen, mt -f doesn't work
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:27:13
1 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk> skribis:
2 > I have a scsi tape with an initio controller. 'dmesg' sees initio 360p.
3 > But when I use mt I get
4 > ' mt -f /dev/st0 eject
5 > /dev/st0: No such device or address'
6 > Where will the tape be?
7 > Thanks.
8
9 If it is an external tape drive, make sure to have it turned on when
10 you boot, especially if you have SCSI tape support compiled into the
11 kernel. You can turn it off after booting, if you want; that's what I
12 do.
16 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
17 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
18 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
19 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.