From: Jared Lindsay <cinder.sub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:53:13
1 I second going more minimalist on your USE flags for the installation,
2 then adding the rest of what you want after the system is up. That
3 way, you won't be installing a bunch of extra things with the system
4 metapackage, which will lead to a smaller initial install (and
5 faster). For instance, I have never seen samba be a required
6 installation, which means it is part of your USE variable.
7